Things your doctor won't tell you about cancer:
Some of this is redundant to other content on this website, but here goes:
1. Cancer is not confined to tumors, it is a SYSTEMIC condition. It is not primarily the product of random occurrence or genetic predisposition, it is a symptom of latent poor health and a compromised immune system (even if you feel "good"). Therefore, the most important factor in treatment or prevention is optimizing health and immunity.
2. The biggest factors in the cause and cure of cancer are DIET AND LIFESTYLE. The standard modern diet is toxic junk. Treating cancer with radical nutrition and de-stressing lifestyle has a better success rate than conventional treatment, BY A WIDE MARGIN. The cold, hard fact is, conventional treatment has an DISMAL cure rate, because it neglects this underlying factor, and is itself limited in its capabilities.
3. If the tumor is amenable to surgery, surgery might set the disease back enough to provide "remission," or it might not. In fact, it could backfire, because the flood of growth hormones inherent in the process of healing from surgical wounds can fuel cancer growth. If having surgery, it is best to also optimize your condition with diet/lifestyle changes, before and after the surgery (permanently).
4. With very few exceptions, chemotherapy does not cure cancer (certainly the most common types of cancer). To the degree it extends life, it usually does so at the cost of much anguish. One of its fundamental flaws is that it does not kill the stem cells that are at the root of the cancer; instead it causes them to become resistant to the drug, and that's why cancer typically recurs after chemotherapy, and more aggressively. As a practical matter, what the word "chemotherapy" really means is, "Despite some possible benefits, you are still going to die of cancer."
5. Radiation does not cure cancer. It is palliative only. When you hear the word "radiation," what that really means is, "This may ease the pain, but you are still going to die of cancer."
6. Systemic immunotherapy does not have a better track record than alternatives. It is experimental, and typically does more harm than good. When you hear the word "immunotherapy," or "clinical trial," what that really means is, "this may provide some minimal extra longevity, but you are still going to die of cancer."
7. When you hear the words "chemotherapy," "radiation," "immunotherapy," or "clinical trial," what that really means is, "We offer this treatment just because in our limited paradigm, we have nothing else, and we are desperate to 'do something,' without due regard for how misguided the 'something' is."
8. Once you have had cancer, you are ALWAYS at higher risk of recurrence.
9. This is not to say conventional treatment should always be avoided. Indeed, it may be applicable in some cases. The point is, you need to be informed correctly and thoroughly before you can make a sound decision about treatment. You should take responsibility for your own care, not just defer all judgment to "experts." Your life hangs in the balance, and nobody cares more about your life than you do. YOU CAN DO BETTER.
10. If you remove the factors that promote disease, and abundantly add in the factors that promote health and healing, YOU GET BETTER. This simple concept should go without saying. But unfortunately, it is lost on the typical doctor.
11. Your doctor won't tell you these things because:
(a) They are ignorant of these things, having had no training in them (medical schools and government regulators have become pharmaceutically biased), and having not invested the initiative or skepticism to investigate the avalanche of science/evidence about these things on their own;
(b) They are subject to conflicts of interest, personally, professionally, financially, politically, etc., and most importantly, the natural human tendency to be carried along by the sheer momentum of the status quo, no matter how misguided.